Tommie Smith Olympic Print Tee
T.S. Olympic Print T-Shirt
Personalise the name on the chest, flag inside the box or any other customisations you can think of!
Rewind to 1968 when a simple, but timeless, gesture defied the "rules" and caused a fallout of Olympic proportion...
Tommie Smith & John Carlos peacefully protested against racial injustice and in support of human rights movements after winning the Men's 200m race at the 1968 Mexico Olympics. This caused both men, including ally Norman Smith, to be ostracised, removed from the IOC or black-listed from future Athletic events.
"As the athletes waited to go to the podium, Carlos and Smith told Norman that they planned to use their win as an opportunity to protest. Smith and Carlos decided to appear on the podium bearing symbols of protest and strength: black-socked feet without shoes to bring attention to Black poverty, beads to protest lynchings, and raised, black-gloved fists to represent their solidarity and support with Black people and oppressed people around the world." - (History)
Delivery times may vary due to customisation and location. If you are unsure or need anything sooner, then please get in touch directly.
- 4 - 8 business days - Print Designs
- 7 - 14 days - Repeat/Digitized Embroidered Designs
- 7 - 21 days - New/Custom Embroidered Designs
- 14 - 28 days - All Over Print
The prices shown are for a standard 4 x 4-inch embroidery area for digitised designs apart from special collection designs. Higher stitch count designs will cost more.
For quality control of custom embroidered designs, it is recommended, but not essential, to get a sample first - but this will be at your cost.
- Buy on the website & add your details in the custom box
- For paid orders, I will reply within 2 business days with a custom mockup or to find out more
- Any additional charges will be mentioned and sent in an invoice
- Once paid, custom production will start
Complete the look: