Wear it Loud and Proud
The word 'Madras' originates from the source of the material, Madraspatnam (now Chennai), India and made its way to the Caribbean through slavery and colonialism.
Initially used for headwraps, the Madras material grew in popularity and versatility in the following years. Due to its high accessibility in the Caribbean and US, Madras found its way to the enslaved who used it as a way to style their plain dresses.
After the end of slavery, dresses and headscarves made using the Madras design became a marker of a collective identity in the Caribbean.
- Positioning of the embroidery
- Send a photo of your madras. We will embroider it onto the woman in our logo!
Discover more about the Madras:
Delivery times may vary due to customisation and location. If you are unsure or need anything sooner, then please get in touch directly.
- 4 - 8 business days - Print Designs
- 7 - 14 days - Repeat/Digitized Embroidered Designs
- 7 - 21 days - New/Custom Embroidered Designs
- 14 - 28 days - All Over Print
The prices shown are for a standard 4 x 4-inch embroidery area for digitised designs apart from special collection designs. Higher stitch count designs will cost more.
For quality control of custom embroidered designs, it is recommended, but not essential, to get a sample first - but this will be at your cost.
- Buy on the website & add your details in the custom box
- For paid orders, I will reply within 2 business days with a custom mockup or to find out more
- Any additional charges will be mentioned and sent in an invoice
- Once paid, custom production will start
Complete the look: